The current COVID-19 outbreak is a concern that we take very seriously. We are still in business and want to communicate with our clients, agents, and employees on the steps we’re taking amidst the crisis.
We want to keep the inspection process as safe and informational as possible while maintaining a consistent level of professionalism. Know that we value and prioritize everyone’s health. Rest assured that any changes we will implement are for the best of everyone involved in this crucial part of real estate transactions.
In view of the aforementioned, we request that unless you find it necessary to attend the inspection, it would be best if you wait for the electronic inspection report within 24-hours. During the inspection, we will keep our lines open so we can discuss our findings via phone call. We normally encourage your attendance but at this point in time, we request that you avoid being present. If your attendance is needed, we ask that only you and your agent be around and not bring others along.
We guarantee that our inspection report will provide insightful details so you have a clear understanding of the property. Furthermore, our home inspectors will strictly follow health and safety precautions to protect you, our employees, and the homes that we inspect.
Here are some of the precautionary steps we are taking to minimize risk for our clients, agents, and property owners:
– We have Sentrilock access, so for homes secured on a Sentrilock, the agent does not need to be present to grant access.
– Although I encourage home buyers to be present for part (or all) of the inspection to meet face-to-face and walk through the property with us, we understand that some clients may not wish to meet in-person at this time. We have always been and will continue to be available for phone calls with clients to discuss findings, either at the home and/or after issuing our written report. During this crisis, we will maintain the advised social distancing recommendations.
While on-site, our inspectors will take the following steps to help maintain a sanitary environment in people’s homes:
– We will have hand sanitizer for our inspectors
– Wash hands multiple times during every inspection, especially after touching things like faucets and door handles.
– Bring hand towels or paper towels for drying our hands.
– We will not shake hands or bump fists.
– We will avoid touching our faces.
– If any of our inspectors have a fever or cough, we will not conduct the inspection.
In all seriousness, even before now, we quite often complete inspections completely on my own without direct contact with other people. If clients, agents or homeowners are on-site during an inspection, we will be respecting social distancing recommendations including maintaining a minimum distance of 6-feet from others and avoiding handshakes. We are making every effort to protect YOUR health and taking precautions to protect those we love as well.
– We take all necessary precautions when it comes to protecting the inspection property. This includes wearing sanitized indoor shoes only inside the home and gloves when necessary.
– The inspection agreement is delivered to clients via email and they can easily return it via electronic signature. Likewise, payments can be handled conveniently and securely as well via our online payment system.
– Inspection reports are delivered to clients electronically via an email link
– Lastly, if someone in the home to be inspected has been sick within the last 7 to 14 days, please reschedule the inspection for a later date.
Most importantly, we wish you and your loved ones continued good health. If we can assist you in any way, please contact us directly at (847)401-7585.
Again, thank you for allowing us to be a part of your real estate process. We are working to provide the best and safest options in protecting everyone involved in this process.
We wish you and your family good health.